The Eastham & District Junior Football League (“Eastham Junior Football League”, “Eastham Junior Football”. “we”, or “us”) takes its duty of care towards the children that participate to be of the utmost importance.
1. Any Act, statement, conduct or other matter that harms a child or children, or poses or may pose risk or harm to a child or children, shall constitute behaviour, which is improper and brings the game into disrepute.
2. In these regulations, the expression “Offence” shall mean any one or more of the offences contained in Schedule 1 to the Children & Young Persons Act 1933 and any other criminal offence, which reasonably causes The Eastham Junior Football to believe that the person accused of the offence poses or may pose a risk of harm to a child or children.
3. Upon receipt by Eastham Junior Football:
a) Notification that an individual has been charged with an Offence; or
b) Notification that an individual is the subject of an investigation by the Police, Social services or any other authority relating to an Offence; or
c) Any other information, which causes Eastham Junior Football reasonably to believe that a person poses or may pose a risk of harm to a child or children then Eastham Junior Football shall have the power to order that the individual be suspended from all or any specific football activity for such period and on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit.
4. In reaching its determination as to whether an order under Regulation 3 should be made Eastham Junior Football shall give consideration to the following factors:
a) Whether a child is or children are or may be at risk or harm;
b) Whether the matters are of a serious nature;
c) Whether an order is necessary or desirable to allow the conduct of any investigation by the Eastham Junior Football League or any other authority or body to proceed unimpeded.
5. The period of an order referred to in 3 above shall not be capable of lasting beyond the date upon which any charge under the Rules of the Association or any Offence is decided or brought to an end.
6. Where an order is imposed on an individual under regulation 3 above, The Eastham Junior Football League shall bring and conclude any proceedings under the Rules of The Eastham Junior Football League against the person relating to the matters as soon as reasonable practicable.
7. Where a person is convicted, or is made the subject of a caution in respect of an Offence, that shall constitute a breach of the Rules of the Eastham Junior Football League and of the Eastham Junior Football League shall have the power to order the suspension of the person from all or any specific football activity for such a period (including indefinitely) and on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit.
8. For the purposes of these Regulations, of the Eastham Junior Football League shall act through its Council or any committee or sub-committee thereof, including the Board.
9. Notification in writing of an order referred to above shall be given to the person concerned and/or any club with which he is associated as soon as reasonably practicable.